Some points to consider when buying a food supplement from an online store
- Does the image of the product show ‘Food supplement’ on the label?
- Does the web page give a table or list of the active ingredients and their amount per serving (e.g. vitamins, minerals, fish oil, glucosamine, plant extracts, amino acids etc.)?
- Does the web page show the ingredients list and does it seem to contain all the possible ingredients (e.g. does it list the active ingredients in addition to other ingredients)?
- Does the web page give clear instructions for use of the product?
- Is the contact address for the food supplement and/or the website based in an EU country?
- Is the purchase amount in pounds sterling (GBP £)?
- If you have to answer ‘no’ to one or more of the above questions, it may be advisable to consider purchasing an alternative product.